Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Intro:


By trade I'm a construction worker. That is when the economy is thriving and there's work to be had. What I aspire to be is a cartoonist. To that aim I'm making some strides. I am the cartoonist for cgmagazine (Celebrating Greyhounds). Lighthouse Digest has printed one of my "green" gags. Rhode Island Monthly has plans to print one of my cartoons in the spring of 2010. The Show Dog Reporter has the same plans also for the spring. So encouraging things are happening.


My quirky, warped sense of humor has been described by some as "not right". Giving me the inspiration for the title of the cartoon; "Knot Rite".


Knot Rite is about anything. Animals, humans, relationships, puns. Anything that finds its way into my cranium looking for release in a humorous way. That's what happens with cartoonists. Things enter our minds and somehow it suffers a strange transformation and exits the mind hopefully with a new identity that people find funny. But alas, sometimes the transformation isn't complete. The result is cartoonists' Kryptonite. The uttering of the words; "I don't get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment